What is Multi-group functionality?
The Multi-group functionality allows your Company Administrator to assign multiple groups to a user. This feature provides clearly defined access, structural ownership, and flexibility to content management on the CMS.
Origin group: Authors will now have an origin group, which signifies that the content they generate belongs to only that group and is where it is managed. In addition to Authors, Admins must have an Origin Group set so that they can also edit scenarios published to that group.
How does it impact you?
If your users are set up with groups, they will continue to work as they were.
Company Admins can now:
- assign multiple groups to a user.
- see group assignments on each user’s page.
- assign/modify Origin groups for Authors.
Moving Authors from their Origin Group:
- When an Author is moved from their Origin group to another group, they can no longer view the projects they created when they were a member of the Origin group on WorkLink Create. Moving the Author back to the previous Origin group will restore access.
- If an Author's Origin group is changed from Group A to Group B and the Author remains in Group A, the author can still edit the project in WorkLink Create although the scenario still belongs to Group A; however, the author can't:
- Share the project with any other author in Group A
- Publish to any recipient groups set for Group A
- If an Author's Origin group is changed from Group A to Group B and the Author is no longer in Group A, the Author will not be able to edit the project in WorkLink Create.
Licensed users with other than an Author/Admin license:
- All other users can be added to multiple groups without having an origin group assigned.
How can you learn more?
- Visit our Support Article on this topic: Introducing the Multi-group user functionality.
The article has all the information you need on this topic, with How-to videos on making changes and adopting this functionality.
Get in touch with our Support team for questions, a live walkthrough, or chit-chat.