What is changing?
A Company Admin is now able to add a user to multiple groups. This provides better flexibility in managing access to content and reporting.
Origin group for Authors and Admins
We are introducing the concept of Origin groups. An Origin group is an Author's main or primary group, this is where all of the Author's projects reside.
- Authors and Admins are automatically assigned an Origin group upon license issuance (this is the default group until it is changed) while other licensed users are automatically added to the default group (No Origin group assigned).
- Authors can only share projects in WorkLink Create with other authors in the same Origin Group.
In addition to Authors, Admins must have an Origin Group set so that they can also edit scenarios published to that group.
What does this mean for new and existing users?
- All existing users with either Admin or Author license will automatically be assigned to an Origin group which is the group they are currently in, this can be updated as needed (See Changing the Origin group for an existing Author below)
- Inviting a new user (Author) will automatically set their Origin group to the Default group. To change a user's group, click on the "Edit" button or click on the user's name>>Edit user.
- The "Edit User" page will show all groups a user belongs to. The user's origin group is marked with "Origin Group" beside it. You can change the "Origin Group" by selecting another group that the user is a member of from the Origin group dropdown.
Changing the Origin group for an existing Author
The "Origin group" is shown next to a user's name when looking at the member's list for a group. Deleting a user belonging to multiple groups from their origin group will force the Admin to choose which alternative group to move them to. In this case, a list of the other groups the user is currently assigned to will show for selection.
Follow the same procedure as before to add a user existing in one group to another group/other groups.
Deleting an Author from their Origin group will suggest moving the Author to any other available groups in the organization.
When an Author is moved from their Origin group to another group, they can no longer view the projects they created in WorkLink Create when they were a member of the Origin group. Moving the Author back to the previous Origin group will restore access.
Deleting an Origin group will set the Default group as the new Origin group for the members of the group. If the user is not already in the Default group, they will be added to it.
Authors can only share projects in WorkLink Create with other Authors in the same Origin Group.
- How to add an existing user to multiple groups.
- How to move an existing user from an Origin group to another group.
- How to find an Author’s group(s) and change the Origin group from the “Edit User” page.
- What happens when an Origin group with an existing/published scenario is deleted?
Definition of Key terms
- Origin group: An Origin group is an Author's main or primary group, this is where all of the Author's projects reside.
- Author: A user who creates and publish contents (scenarios) on the Authoring Platform - WorkLink Create.
- Admin: Also known as a Company Administrator. An Admin is a privileged user that can manage all users in the company, invite users to the company, allocate and remove licenses; organize users into groups, etc.
Related Article: Licensing and Licensing Management.