Augmented Reality - What you should know
Augmented Reality (AR) allows you to place and interact with 3D contents in your environment in order to enhance your experience. AR technology uses your device camera and an AR Application to blend digital contents into the real world.
Requirements for AR
- AR enabled devices - Most recent iOS and Android devices are AR enabled. Note -Supported devices have great camera quality.
- AR Application - Installed AR App i.e. the WorkLink App. Download/Install the WorkLink App from respective App Stores to view your AR contents on your device.
- Stable Internet Connection - Device must be connected to a stable WiFi or Mobile data network.
- Free storage/memory space - At least 1GB of free space on your device (This can be more or less depending on the size of your project.) Inadequate available storage can result in the AR App crashing when loading/viewing your project.
Best Practices for viewing AR contents
- Be in a well lit space.
- Point the device camera at the desired surface.
- Flat surfaces work best for content placement.
- Avoid reflective and dark surfaces.
- Once the 3D content is placed in your environment, you can move your device around/closer/further away from it to see more/less details. (Do not obstruct your device camera at anytime)
- Hold your device in Landscape mode when viewing the contents of your project/Work Instructions.