This is an alternative method of sideloading the WorkLink App on HoloLens 2. The primary recommended method is through the Windows Device Portal, details can be found in this article.
1. In order to sideload the App via App Installer, the HoloLens 2 device must not be considered managed. A device is considered “managed” if any of the following is true:
2. Download the .appxbundle file from the Scope AR CMS: Downloads > Setup > click on the link labeled “Install for Windows Store App (Offline, HoloLens Support)” > this will download WorkLink_HoloLens_UWP.zip.
Follow the instructions below to side-load the WorkLink App on your device:
- Power on and sign in to the HoloLens device.
- Connect the HoloLens device to your computer using associated USB cord.
- On your computer, navigate to the location of the .appxbundle file you downloaded from the CMS and copy both the WorkLink .appxbundle file and certificate to yourdevicename\Internal Storage\Downloads. See below:
4. On the HoloLens, go to Settings>Update& Security>Certificates>Install a certificate>Import file (this will redirect you to File Explorer (Downloads folder)>choose the certificate>local machine >choose "TrustedPeople" for Certificate Store>Install.
5. Finally, on the HoloLens, go back to Start Menu, select All apps and launch the File Explorer app. Navigate to the Downloads folder. Select the WorkLink .appxbundle file. The App Installer will launch. Select the Install button to install the app. The WorkLink App will automatically launch once installation is complete.
Note: The video below demonstrates steps 4&5: