Product Notification: End-of-Support for WorkLink on HoloLens 1 Follow
Description (What is changing)
Scope AR is ending support for WorkLink on Microsoft HoloLens (1st gen), also known as HoloLens 1, effective June 1, 2021.
- Upon deprecation of support, WorkLink App becomes incompatible with HoloLens 1.
- There will be no new software updates, security updates or technical support for WorkLink App on HoloLens 1.
- WorkLink App remains compatible with HoloLens 2.
What action do I need to take?
- Alternatively, you can use any of our supported devices.
Why are you retiring this product?
Some feature limitations of HoloLens 1 impedes the overall user experience and expansion of the WorkLink app. These include:
Small FOV (Field of View) - Users often have to turn their heads from left to right to have a full glimpse of their project/model in WorkLink. While HoloLens 1 FOV is 30 degrees, HoloLens 2 FOV is 52 degrees.
Ease of Use (eye tracking, full hand tracking and gestures such as Press, Grab, Direct manipulation, Touch interaction, Scroll with wave) are not available in HoloLens 1 making the user experience less than ideal when compared with HoloLens 2.
How can I get more information?
- If you have any additional questions or need further information, you can submit a request to Customer Support.