The purpose of introducing the CAD pipeline in WorkLink Create is to improve the performance of projects with heavy files/models - i.e. with hundreds/thousands of materials and triangles.
The CAD pipeline allows you to create a revision of your file/model based on an existing one.
Although there is minimal visual difference, there is a huge performance gain. This feature produces a remarkable difference in the revised model's triangle counts and draw calls.
Follow the steps below to use the CAD pipeline feature:
1. Upload your CAD file to the Asset Library. Once uploaded to the Asset Library, select the file to show in the preview box.
2. Select "Revisions Editor" under the Window Menu.
3. In order to boost performance we will be creating a new revision based on the existing file. Select the model file for the new revision by clicking Select Model>>Confirm.
4. Base revision provides an option to choose a previous revision to base your new revision on. For example, if I created a revision named 'Test', it will be listed under "Base revision"
5. The Simple mode is a simpler way to set your target to High (Surfacic Tolerance 3 mm), Medium (SF 1 mm) or Low (SF 0.5mm) decimation. Advanced mode allows you to add more operations to the job. Click "Confirm" once done.
Visit Article - Advanced Revision Editor for details.
6. The Revisions Editor window will show the status of the request (Processing, Processing CAD, Rendering, Failed/ Done, etc.) Once the revision is created successfully, close the Revisions Editor window and open the Asset Library. You will see the revised version listed under the main file and you can drag it to the scene like any other 3D asset.
You can upload a Zip file that contains multiple assemblies, parts and textures by uploading the Zip file to the Asset Library.
Select a different root file from within the zip and generate a revision on that following same steps above i.e. Revision Editor> >Create New Revision>Select Model>>Select File and process revision.