The Sequence editor is used to create or modify steps and sequences in your project. Sequence Editor can be found under "Window" menu.
How to create a new step from the Sequence Editor
- Right Click on the applicable sequence and click "Add New Step" to create a new step for the sequence.
- Continue Current Step: This will create a new step in which timeline continues the final frame of its previous step.
- Continue Current Step Reversed: This will copy the current step and reverse it.
- Continue Last Step: This will continue last step on the sequence.
- Add New Step: This will add a new step to the sequence.
- Add New Empty Step: This will add an empty step to the sequence.
- Reverse Sequence: You can also reverse a step through the context menu.
- Set as Initial Sequence: This will re-position a sequence in your project.
- Rename Sequence: You can rename any sequence by right clicking it .
- Copy Sequence: You can copy a sequence and paste it by right clicking an empty space>paste sequence.
- Duplicate Sequence: Duplicate a sequence in your project.
- Remove Outgoing Connection: Right click on the first sequence and select "Remove Outgoing Connection" to delete a connection.
- Delete Sequence: You can delete a sequence by right clicking it and hitting "delete sequence" as long as it is not the only sequence.
How to modify a step from the Sequence Editor
- Right click on the applicable step to modify it.
- Continue Step: This will create a new step in which timeline continues the final frame of its previous step.
- Continue Step Reversed: This will copy the step and reverse it.
- Reverse Step: You can also reverse a step through the context menu.
- Rename Step: You can rename any step by right clicking it.
- UI Template: You can swap UI template, apply changes to main template, reset all changes or go to main template from this option.
- Copy Step: You can copy a step from one sequence and paste the step in another sequence.
- Duplicate Step: Duplicate a step within the same sequence.
- Delete Step: You can delete a step by right clicking it and hitting "delete step" as long as it is not the only step.
Other available options
- Default State: When a model(s) is added to the scene in default state, the model(s) will be visible on all steps of the project. If you wish to add or make a change that should affect every step in your project, then you should make this change in the default state.
- Content Placement: Also known as Author-defined Alignment allows an author to define what step(s) of the project alignment will be initiated. An author is allowed to add a step or multiple steps before content placement by simply dragging the content placement step button before or after the desired step.
Create/modify a Step (Alternative)
A Step or Sequence can also be created or modified from the Step/Sequence counter in the tool bar (i.e. using the "+" button)
How to add/connect Sequences with the Sequence Editor
1. To add a new sequence, right click on the background of the Sequence Editor and click "Add New Sequence". You can also add a new sequence from the Sequence counter in the tool bar. To modify a sequence, right click the applicable sequence for desired modifications.
2. You can connect sequences by dragging the mouse pointer.
Connecting a sequence (red line in the screenshot below), means that pressing the "next button" on the last step of Sequence 1, will navigate the user to the first step of Sequence 2.
- To delete this connection, right click on the first sequence and choose "Remove Outgoing Connection".
- You can rename a step/sequence by double clicking it.