Users can now use Work Instructions which are stored locally on the device (Offline Published Work Instructions and loaded on a device) without any network or connection to Scope AR CMS.
Note: Please note that Remote Assistance calls are not available in this mode.
Once WorkLink Create Author has created Work instructions, the Author can use "Offline Publish" from WorkLink Create drop-down menu to create .scope files (to be loaded on the device).
Learn more about Offline Publishing.
Loading Work Instructions files on devices
Offline Published Work Instructions can be loaded on the user's device by following ways:
Using Local Work Instructions
To use Local Work Instructions on a device,
- Launch the WorkLink app
- From the log-in screen, tap on "Advanced Settings"
- Tap on "Local Sign-In (Beta)" and save settings.
- Relaunch the app for settings to take effect.
- Enter your email and you can access Local Work Instructions. (Your email is used to save session data on your device)
How to access the scenario session data
Scenario session data, including checklist item screenshots, are stored locally on your device. Depending on your device platform, the location will change:
- iOS: Connect your device to a computer. Connect device to iTunes>Click on WorkLink App>WorkLink Documents>Session data
- Android : Under File Manager in the directory Android/data/com.scopear.remotear/files/session data.
- WSA: On the Camera Roll under Session Data/<username>/<scenarioname-timestamp>
- Hololens: In your Device Portal, choose File Explorer (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/device-portal#file-explorer)Under User Folders/Local App Data/ScopeAR.RemoteAR_<packageID> (or similar)/LocalState/SessionData
What data is stored on my device?
Scenario session data is stored on the device in four CSV files.
- Step Flow: Captures the order in which the steps were performed during the work instruction and the duration of each step in seconds.
- Step Details: Captures the time spent on each step in seconds and lists the step name
- Checklist Details\Flow: captures the answers that a user-entered into their checklist items with timestamps of when the data was entered