WorkLink: Sharing files during Remote Assistance Call with Document Viewer
WorkLink Document Viewer allows technicians and experts to share documents or files during a remote assistance call. Files saved locally on the device and on One Drive can be uploaded and shared on the Remote Assistance call.
With this feature, an expert can choose files to send to a technician and view files shared by the technician during their call, vice versa.
To share a file
- Tap the file icon on the toolbar in the AR View.
- Choose file to be shared from your device file browser/ folder.
- When file is uploaded to Document Viewer on Expert device, it is available on the technician's device, vice versa.
To view a shared file
- Tap the file icon on the toolbar in the AR View to access file(s) shared with you. (A red dot on the file icon signifies that there is a new document shared with you.)
- When File viewer is open, the remote assistance session remains active in the background.
- You can close file viewer without ending your Remote Assistance call.
- Maximum file size for upload is 5 MB.
- File types supported are PDF, Word documents, Google docs, png, img, jpg. Zip files are not accepted.
- The shared document only remains in the Document Viewer for the duration of the call.
- Supported devices are: Android, iOS and Windows devices. See Recommended devices.