Offline Setup: Sideloading for Offline devices
For Offline setup, a current version of iTunes will be required to install the WorkLink app on iOS devices. Connect your iOS device to your computer and follow the steps below:
- Download the .ipa file from the Scope AR CMS: Downloads > Setup > click on the link labeled "install for iOS(offline)” > this will download WorkLink_enteprise_xxxx.xx.xx.ipa
- Launch iTunes and drag & drop “WorkLink_enteprise_xxxx.xx.xx.ipa” into "On my Device" section in ITunes. (The x's represent version and date information for this installation).
- On your device open the “Settings” app.
- Navigate to “General > Device Management > Scope Technologies US Inc.”
- Select “Trust”.
Note: This process is based on the current version of iTunes. Depending on your version of iTunes installed you may have to use a different process within iTunes to install add the “WorkLink_enteprise_xxxx.xx.xx.ipa” file onto your device. For Mac, check out this article for an alternative method using iMazing App.
Connect your Android device to your computer. Depending on your phones software version you may need to consult your device's documentation to enable the following settings:
- Enable "Unknown Sources" by going to “Settings > Security” and checking the box beside Unknown Sources.
- Enable "MTP" in your devices USB Connection Settings
Once you have your device settings configured:
- Download the .apk file from the Scope AR CMS: Downloads > Setup > click on the link labeled "Install for Android (Offline)” > this will download WorkLink-release_x.x.x_xxxx.xx.xx.apk
- Copy the “WorkLink-release_x.x.x_xxxx.xx.xx.apk” file into the downloads folder on your device.
- On the Android device, open the downloads folder and tap the “WorkLink-release_x.x.x_xxxx.xx.xx.apk” and follow the prompts to install the app.
Note: For some devices, you may need a file manager or file transfer application on either your computer and/or device to successfully transfer the “WorkLink-release_x.x.x_xxxx.xx.xx.apk” file to your device. There are many free tools available for all platforms to accomplish this.
For Microsoft HoloLens
Download the .appxbundle file from the Scope AR CMS: Downloads > Setup > click on the link labeled “Install for Windows Store App (Offline, HoloLens Support)” > this will download WorkLink_HoloLens_UWP.zip
You need to enable the Windows Device Portal to sideload apps on HoloLens.
Once the Device Portal is active, follow these instructions:
- Ensure any existing versions of WorkLink on the device are uninstalled.
- Access the Device Portal and navigate to the Apps page.
- Under the Install app heading, for App package select the “WorkLink_x.x.xx.x_x86_Master” (Open box icon).
- Select 'Allow me to select framework packages' checkbox>>Next>>Browse.
- Open Dependencies folder>> ARM64 folder>>Select "Microsoft.VCLibs.ARM64.14.00.appx" file.
- Hit "Install/Go" and wait for the install to complete.
For Windows Surface/Laptop
Download the .appxbundle file from the Scope AR CMS: Downloads > Setup > click on the link labeled “Download for Windows Store App (Offline)” > this will download WorkLink_UWP.zip
- Ensure any existing versions of WorkLink on the device are uninstalled
- Double click "WorkLink_X.X.X.0_x86.appxbundle" file included in the “WorkLink_UWP.zip” under WorkLink_UWP .zip\WorkLink_X.X.X.0_Master_Test
- Click “install” on the pop-up window. This will install the app.
Note: You can also use the PowerShell script to install the app and the certificate, follow the procedure here: Install via PowerShell Script
You may need to enable "Developer mode" to install the app. Go to Settings →Update & Security → For Developers to enable Developer mode.
Experienced a certificate error? Check WorkLink: Certificate error - Offline installation of WorkLink on Windows.
Learn more: WorkLink: Installation Guide (Online Setup)